Oxygen Machines South Africa
PSA Industrial Oxygen
Model output from 50 to 115 l/min, Pressure 300 kPa(g) to 450 kPa(g)
Purity 90.0 v/v% – 95.5 v/v%
Since the 1960’s and the advent of the “heatless dryer” as patented by Skarstrom, Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA) technology has gained widespread commercial acceptance as the technology of choice for bulk gas separation. It is a particularly cost effective and energy-efficient technology 2 – especially for the on-site manufacture of O2.
The essential requirement for the PSA adsorption process, is an adsorbent that adsorbs N2 in preference to O2 from air, allowing the separated O2 to be used for process. Typically, clean, dry compressed air to ISO 8573-1: Class 1.4.1. (or better), is fed, in sequentially-timed increments, into the base of two opposing pressure vessels, each filled with ZMS – the adsorbent. Whilst the one vessel is pressurizing, the other bed is depressurizing and in so doing, “desorbing” the N2 to atmosphere (i.e. the N2 that was “adsorbed” from the previous cycle). The vessel that is being pressurized “adsorbing N2” allows the O2, or “raffinate” to flow out of the top of the vessel to process.
Advantages – FOX FX-A Series of O2 Concentrators
- Low energy consumption (± 1.0 kWh/kg O2 @ 350 kPa(g))³
- Green O2 – i.e. no particulate emissions or emissions of SOx /
NOx / CO / CO2 or other gaseous pollutants associated with LOx deliveries.
- Produces O2 at site, on demand, in real time.
- No hazardous high-pressure compressed O2 storage required.
- No hazardous LOx storage required.
- Low maintenance cost – function check every 8000 hours / once per year
- Able to integrate into existing control systems.
- Minimal startup and shutdown time.
- Interactive Human Machine Interface (HMI) modelled on smart phone technology for ease of use.
- Category 0 Emergency Stop to IEC 60204-1: 2016-Part 1.
- Designed for a SIL 2 (safety integrity level) to minimize risk.
- Remote monitoring.
Typical applications include:
- CIL gold processing plants
- Platinum processing plants
- Wastewater treatment
- Ozone generating plants
Contact Foxolution for more information >>